2.20.2014

A Little Flower, A Little Knitting (Non) Fiction . . .

//My (after) Valentine special, aren't they gorgeous?! See, it pays to wait until after Valentines Day to get your flowers. I'm not bragging or anything (well, yes I am), but I got this arrangement for $1.99, originally priced $24.99 at my local Kroger. Can you believe that? 

* * * * * *

//The newest additions to my knitting library. I have been coveting these publications for some time and due to some very kind birthday gifters, I was able to finally purchase them. I love birthdays, don't you? 
  1. "Knitwear Design Workshop" by Shirley Paden
  2. "Knitting Brioche" by Nancy Marchant
  3. "Knitter's Almanac", the commemorative edition by Elizabeth Zimmermann
//Excerpts from "Knitwear Design".

//"Knitting Brioche"

//"Knitter's Almanac"

//I love Elizabeth Zimmermann's wit, here are some of her most popular quotes:
  • "Really all you need to become a good knitter are wool, needles, hands and slightly below-average intelligence. Of course superior intelligence, such as yours and mine, is an advantage." Knitting Without Tears, 1971.
  • "Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
  • "Knit on in confidence and hope through all crises."
  • Tight knitters lead a hard and anxious life.....One is in this knitting pastime for pleasure, not for toil, anxiety and doubt so don't WORRY. If you are a tight knitter by chance instead of by choice, practice knitting loosely and it may change your life" Knitting Without Tears, 1971.
All good knitting advice to live by, don't you think?

Until next time!

xoxo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment