1.02.2014

New Projects

//Here is my latest project I have been toying with. Its' a new year, it's time to get busy with new designs! Hopefully you can tell this is a scarf. I am working on what patterns I will be using, whether it be a chevron, just straight garter stitching, etc. I love color, so I am trying to take a leap of faith, jump in and start working with it.

And then the yarns/colors I am looking at. These are all a worsted/bulky weight, 100% wool consisting of from left to right:  Berroco's Peruvia in the greens (#7125 and #7122) and blue (#6003), Cascade Yarns Pastaza in the colorway "Poppy", and Plymouth Yarn's Galway in a cream (#1).

And speaking of other new projects ....

//I will be traveling to Tuscany, Italy in May. I am so excited to say the least! This will be my first trip to Europe, and I just had to share the news with you. I have already researched yarn shops in Florence (which is where I will be flying into and staying) and plan on visiting those and bringing back some souvenirs! I am going with a friend, we are planning on taking day trips into the Tuscan countryside to hopefully see scenes like the one above. If anyone out there has any tips/yarn shops to visit, please let me know.

Happy New Year everyone, make it a good one!

xoxo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment