11.18.2013

Some New and Not So New Projects

 My progress so far on the Wheat Scarf from Tin Can Knits. It is coming along very nicely and is quite easy to knit and satisfying at the same time. So if you are in search of a gift for someone special this holiday, this might be it! Again, the yarn is a worsted weight from Alpaca With A Twist, Highlander made up of mostly baby alpaca and merino wool. It has a very soft hand, beautiful! Check out their yarn here.

Here is my latest endeavor from Vogue Knitting's new The Ultimate Hat Book. This is Beanie by Linda Medina. So far I have cast on and knitted 11 rounds of the hat's rim in a k1, p1 rib and have just started to begin the spiral pattern which consists of a yarn over, some k2 tbl and skp's. The yarn I'm using is from Madelintosh, it is her tosh merino dk 100% superwash merino wool in the colorway Cathedral. It's a great yarn and is knitting up beautifully.

//A note about Top Ten Tuesday posts for those who drop by now and then: I feel I need to explain why there wasn't one last week. I have found out it takes a lot of work to round up all of those items, get permission to use photos, etc. While I loved the finished outcome of these posts, it takes too much of my time right now. So they are going on the back burner and may return in the future. Or maybe I will do an abbreviated type of list. Anywho, enough about that!

How about a few of Ravelry's top patterns for the week:
//A shrug/bolero called Chateau by Melissa Schaschwary published in Dandiliongirl Designs.

//Kamille Cardigan by Judy Furlong.

//And here is one I just plain love: a wrap called Sari by Kieran Foley.

Well, I guess that's it for today. Hope you are having a good Monday and have plans for a great week!

xoxo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment